- OnePlus rolling out OxygenOS 4.5.12 update for OnePlus 5
- It brings updated Android security patch to September
- This is an incremental rollout
OnePlus has started rolling out OxygenOS 4.5.12 update for its current flagship model, the OnePlus 5. The information about the latest software update arrives via the company’s official forum. The OxygenOS update brings new bug fixes along with updated Android security patch to September.
OnePlus seems to be prompt in pushing software updates on its new smartphone, given that it had rolled out OxygenOS 4.5.11 update for OnePlus5 units just last week. The company in its forum mentioned that the latest update will fix the issue of missing icon of download app in OxygenOS 4.5.11. The new update will also bring support customisation of notification ringtone, improves launching speed of apps. The OxygenOS update also addresses to the bugs related to user interface, 4G+ network, YouTube video issue.
Also Read: OnePlus reportedly collecting personal information of users without permission
Here’s the complete changelog for the latest OxygenOS 4.5.12 update for the OnePlus 5
- Fixed bug of missing icon of Download app in 4.5.11
- Supports customization of notification ringtone
- Improved launching speed of apps
- Optimized adaptive brightness
- Fixed issue of YouTube video lagging behind audio
- Fixed display issues of some UI elements
- Fixed issue of no 4G+ network in some regions
- Updated Android security patch to September
- General bug fixesAs per usual, the software update is being rolled out as an over-the-air (OTA) update. The incremental rollout will be available to eligible devices in the next few weeks. Apparently, the OnePlus 5 (Review) was spotted running Google’s Android Oreo hinting that the handset might soon receive the latest Android OS update.