Motorola has started unveiling their 2017 mid-range devices before the high-end Moto phones. It would seem like the company has been keeping them under wraps for later disclosure to create excitement among its users. For those anxious Moto fans, the day seems to have arrived as the Lenovo-owned company has sent invites for a June 27 event, as per reports, allegedly to announce the Moto Z2
PhoneArena has shared a poster which reveals the event that is scheduled for June 27 along with a quote that reads, ‘Motorola is Back’. Interestingly, the poster not only highlights the date but shows off a smartphone that might be introduced at the event. If we take a closer look at the poster, the woman holding the phone quite resembles the rumoured Moto Z2 which has been making rounds on the Internet for quite some time. The phone on the poster is seen featuring a dual camera setup and a protruding camera module. Reports suggest that Motorola could likely ‘put spotlight’ on the rumoured Moto Z2 or the Z2 Force at the event.
The alleged Moto Z2 had been spotted on benchmarking site Geekbench last week. The Geekbench database revealed that the new smartphone might be powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 835 processor. The Moto Z2 is said to pack 4GB of RAM and run Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Rumours in the past have suggested that the Moto Z2 will sport dual rear cameras, the front camera is said to come with dual LED flash and the fingerprint sensor will be mounted at the front.
According to reports, Motorola is also said to have sent invites for a launch event in Brazil on June 21. However, reports didn’t exactly reveal any information on which device the company would likely launch at the said event.