Moto Z2 Force is on the verge to announce officially in New York next week. The company has been pushing out teasers with regards to a launch event scheduled for July 25. It is the successor to last year’s Moto Z, and the device is expected with an improved shatterproof display. A press render of the new Force has appeared online ahead of its official announcement thanks to a popular tipster Evan Blass (@evleaks). Blass just put a press render of upcoming Moto Z2 Force in his report in VentureBeat, revealing a slimmer body.
The report suggests Moto Z2 Force would carry a 2,730mAh battery under the hood. If that is true, Moto Z2 Force may have a reduced battery capacity by 20 percent than its predecessor. According to a leaked press render, the device comes without a 3.5mm headphone jack much like its predecessor. The rear, however, consists of a 16-pin Moto Mod connector for swappable accessories. Moto Z2 Force is said to offer 6GB of RAM globally whereas the U.S variant will reportedly carry 4GB of RAM. Additionally, Chinese variant is expected to feature 128GB of storage, meanwhile, it may arrive with 64GB of storage globally.
Rumoured specifications of Moto Z2 Force suggests it could sport a 5.5-inch AMOLED screen featuring 2560×1440 pixels Quad HD resolution. Powering the phone could be a Snapdragon 835 octa-core SoC alongside Adreno 540 GPU for graphics. The phone is likely to run Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box with near-stock software experience. It is said to house a 12-megapixel dual rear camera with dual-tone LED flash. Up front, a 5-megapixel selfie camera is expected with dual-tone selfie flash.