- iOS 10.1.3 update rolls out on iPhone and iPad devices.
- The update brings back 32-bit device support.
- Includes bug fixes and security improvements.
Apple has started rolling out iOS 10.3.1 for iPhones and iPads. While the iOS 10.3 release had a lack of support for 32-bit devices, the latest update iOS 10.3.1 brings back support for the 32-bit devices and is now available on for the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c devices. Apart from the 32-bit device support, the update includes bug fixes and security improvements. Apple Security updates page also lists that iOS 10.3.1 is available for iPhone 5 and later, iPad 4th generation and later and iPod touch 6th generation and later as well.
One of the notable feature on the iOS 10.3.1 update is Find My Airpods that is added to Find My iPhone app. Although Apple announced a stunning wireless headphone back in October last year, it remained under controversy as many users complained on how to search for the AirPod if its lost, but thanks to the update, users will now be able to search for earless headphones with their Apple devices.
Besides this, the update includes the following features-
- Siri support for cricket scores from Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council
- Safari support for Reduced Motion preference
- Prominent user security section in Settings app
- iOS 10.3 uses new Apple File System (APFS) which may free up some space
- Podcasts app has a widget like Music app, same app design
- New system level way for developers to request app rating, opt out option in Settings
- CarPlay status bar has persistent quick access to media, communication, and travel apps for quick switching without accessing the Home screen
CarPlay gains quick access to albums from songs in Music, new Up Next screen
- Weather data in Maps app now has 3D Touch forecast
If you haven’t updated your Apple device yet here’s you can download the iOS 10.1.3 update-
- Ensure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi and have alteat 50 percent battery charge.
- Go to General in Settings tab Next, click on Software Update.
- While clicking on the Software update you will find the latest update.
- Then click on ‘Download and Install’ to download the update.